The clinks of the glasses and the clanks of the cutlery prepared before us sounded merrier than ever. As all of us gathered around that square table having our last dinner before our disbandment, each one following their own path towards what they yearn, towards what they think they should earn and see fit as their own future, we all shared both fear and anticipation of what awaits us.
When thoughts revolving friends, work, ambitions, dreams and family are left for us to ponder and wonder about the decisions that we did/should/could make, our minds were in a constant shuffle and yet it still brings us to our current circumstances today. Life even with it's everyday struggle and hardship has taught all(or maybe some) of us something in return. Although mistakes were made and nothing seems to be able to bring us back to that particular moment in time when we were at a crossroads in our lives, where we had our chance to travel down the road less taken or otherwise, we're still very grateful for things to have even turned out the way it actually has.
It's ridiculous how previous things/situations in particular were very much different than how it is now. I used to crumble when things regarding him were spoken of, about how much of a fool I was to have been under his spell, captured by his charming and provocative smile and everything else in between but now, I hardly do care and it is he who still wanders aimlessly with a thorn in his heart at sight. Ironic how the world works isn't it? But last night, all dramas aside, what I saw was a beautiful kinship between each of us and although it might be a dysfunctional kind, I am happy that I am a part of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment