Saturday, 23 April 2011

Confusion

"I don't know what to think about it. I know I'm confused as of right now and what I'm feeling are just mere attractions and infatuations. But the fact that it's towards people whom are of the same sexual orientation, the same gender, it makes me feel like I'm the committing the biggest sin just by thinking about it."
 It was hard listening to a friend who has never steered away from the righteous and clear path of religion. If there were problems, any intricate challenges that I've faced along the journey of my so-called-life, he has been one of the very few people whom I've come to ask guidance for. But now, it seems like it's the other way around.

Since he started going to a very known public university on the upper west side of Kuala Lumpur, I could see himself metamorphosing into someone new. He was trying out different things, meeting and seeing new faces and this was unlike the person he was back then. He used to be this shy, quiet boy who would never leave his mother's side but now, things seem to be changing. For the better? I hardly know but from what I can see, if he's comfortable with how everything is being played out thus far, I can't judge an individual's personality based on my likes and dislikes.

However, when it comes to matter of religion and such, all I can do is pray and hope for the utter best in the situation he is encountering himself. I know many who have come across this epiphany(or so to speak) with sheer surprise and it's not because they've never thought of it happening to them at all but on the contrary, they found themselves throughout the whole tedious process. So all I asked of him is to ask for God's guidance during these trying times and see where it would then lead him to.

Because at the end of the day,
who am I to judge anyone based on their sexual orientation,
when I myself have committed sins way beyond the borders of no return.

No comments: