Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Confessions(Part 3)

"Why do you do that?"
" Do what?" I asked, startled from your sudden, abrupt inquisition.
" You know, smile like that. Why do you always smile like that?" you inquired once more as though solving this riddle would probably then lead you to a much bigger meaning or understanding of life(maybe, partly).
" Why? Do I look like a crazy person if I did so?" My face suddenly filled with worried lines, unable to conceal the insecurities filled within me by that little seedling of a thought.
" No, it's not that..." you answered leaving your response untied with loose ends, making me more eager - Interested to know if your reply could reveal the meaning behind your cryptic messages.
 " I shouldn't do it anymore, should I? It just makes me look much, much worse, am I right?" I uttered words that I hardly disclose to others. I admit that I can act quite proud in front of a mere stranger but with you, these feelings that are convoluted with a lack of uncertainty and disdain to one's self is hard to contain and so at times, I unleash what Pandora has been trying to confine and masquerade to the general perception of others all along.
" No when you smile like that, you smile as though you're hiding this huge secret. Like you're the only keeper to that concealed truth and no one else on this earth would be able to pry it out from you." You replied with a certain air of respect and sincerity I found both funny and adorable and so once again, I smiled that secretive smile of mine. You then continued on but this time, with much warmth, adoration and a light-hearted smile on your part,
" Besides, I'd like it if you smiled like that more often. It always makes me happy when you do and also you might not know when someone is going to fall in love with that beautiful smile of yours."

No comments: