After having watched 3 movies in a row during our unplanned movie marathon which lasted till the early hours of the morning, you drove me home. In the car, between the droplets of rain which heaven had granted us befittingly from above, the soothing voice of the oozing, sultry songstress and the rich, enticing melody that accompanies her, made me all the more drowsy.
My head kept missing the already nestled head rest as you steered your way through the streets, stopping more than once due to the foreseeable circumstance that that night was a Friday night. As the songstress' voice begins to sound more or less like monotonous ramblings of the poetic kind and the light pitter patter of the rain longing to bid their hellos/goodbyes kept on being prolonged, the sudden chilling atmosphere started consuming us whole and I could feel myself gradually being lost in my own private retreat I call sleep.
The car then came to a slow once more and all that remained was silence. My thoughts weren't preoccupied nor coherent, my emotions were subliminally passive and my body motionless from fatigue, I once again was about to attempt another clumsy, spontaneous move but without a second to lose, I suddenly felt your hands gently placed my head onto your shoulders.
I can still remember your hands lightly stroking my head of hair, brushing aside my side bangs as you tried to get a better view of my face. Momentarily, a sigh escaped from your lips and unexpectedly, a kiss on the forehead is what you gave and that's when I wished - I wished that this moment could've stayed unchanged, not a second nor a minute too soon, for this particular minute in time is what I'll always consider as my one and only peaceful sanctuary.
No comments:
Post a Comment