Monday, 14 February 2011

Warning Sign

L-O-V-E;
an overused, over-emphasized, overly-dramatized word used by
anyone and everyone nowadays.

Don't pretend that you didn't stop to think about a red, heart shaped figure fluttering about in your head, or of the boy/girl to whom you are with or have an enormous affection for, or a scene from a movie which had the typical couple, all doting and in love with one another to the point where you could puke on the excessive amount of love. Media, music, the whole pop culture phenomenon had made us believe that this unjustifiable feeling, this unquantifiable, unimaginable perception of having the opposite or similar sex, is what makes us whole. Is what defines us as a person - someone who could fill in the empty spaces in our lives.

But they do not.
I'm sorry if I being a tad bit pessimistic/realistic,
that's how I am, that's how I've grown accustomed.

I'm not saying love is all a lie or a fake treacherous feeling each one of us projects but from the things/events I've observed, it makes me believe that it could be. For instance, if you really do love someone, why lie? Why change yourself for the satisfaction of the said other? Why put yourself under someone's control when you know what you like, dislike, love nor hate? Why put yourself under so much pressure, just to please? If you're going to answer that you did all this for him/her, for the sake of love, all I can say is that you're lying to yourself. You're changing the very person who you really are and that just isn't what the other person should do. He/She should embrace you as you are.

Yes,
people do change and if they do for the better, why not?
But what if it's the other way around? What then?

As much as I want you to be happy, to be with someone who loves you as your friends and family do, to accept your triumphs and pitfalls, your past and your present, I wish you would realize that finding, having someone isn't all that important. If that person is so caught up into wanting to change you, to mold you into their very own personalized "package", those bits and pieces of you which made people love and adore you is gone and that would make me the saddest person of all.

Because I've always loved you from the very start
and it breaks my heart to see you change.

No comments: